Members

Wednesday 18 July 2012

First Christmas Card for 2012

Hello all in Blogland.  I hope this finds you well.  My card for today is my first Christmas card for 2012 and features the image    And I want a...... from Mo Manning.  I was one of the lucky winners of  the recent Mo's  DP2 Challenge and chose this image with my prize voucher.



This is a fun and very traditional image and I have tried  to decorate the card in a traditional way.



List of Materials used for this card:
Wonderful image from Mo Manning coloured using Promarker Pens in traditional Christmas shades.
Papers and elements from a kit I have in my stash.  Trees decorated with glitter pom poms  which I have had in my stash still in the packet from last year.
Backing card and pearlised card for mounting.  Machine stitching to highlight front of card. 
Glitter Swirls, Die Cut Star Buttons and Twine.
This card has a folksy feel mostly due to the papers and decoration used.
Foiled sentiment toppers.



I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

http://clearitoutchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ - Christmas in July - Use red and green.
http://totallystampalicious.blogspot.co.uk/ - Christmas in July
http://wishcraftcards.blogspot.co.uk/ - Waste not Wednesday - Wk 27



Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my card and to read this post.  Sending warmest wishes to all.

Hugs



    X




13 comments:

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card love the image and the layout and colours are very traditional. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

Stunning card Laine. I love the image and the traditional colours are gorgeous

Sue

Wishcraft said...

Fab image and a gorgeous design! Thanks for joining in with my WNW challenge hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Corrinne said...

Beautiful creation! There is so much to view & just lovely :) Thank you for playing with us at Clear It Out Challenges this week!

I invite you to join me at Tuesday Alchemy http://tuesdayalchemy.blogspot.com for our newest challenge - Buttons!

Happiness,
Corrinne

Nannieflash said...

Gorgeous card Laine, love that Mo image and your colouring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxx

stamp-color-and create said...

Lovely card, Laine. Thanks for joining us at the Clear It Out Challenge blog.

meg said...

An amazing card with clever use of embellishments Thanks for joining in at Christmas Crafting this month.

Lionelsa said...

Adorable card with lovely details.
Thanks for joinign us at The Crazy Challenge!

Laura W said...

I just love all the details you have added to you card. That image is adorable! Can't wait to see what the rest of your cards will look like :)
Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge Blog!

Debbie said...

Love this fabulous image...Thank you for joining us at Christmas Crafting this month.
Debbie x

Patricia St Martin said...

Just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Love your creation. You have done a wonderful job staying with the Christmas theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Color Me Creative. I love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Patricia

Sandy Trefger said...

This is awesome! I love it! So much details and design! Thanks for sharing it with the Clear It Out Challenge!
~Sandy

sandy's crafty creations

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome caard, love everything, theimage is cute and your colouring is super.Thanks for joining us at Clear it out.

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...