Members

Saturday 23 July 2011

Summer Fun and flowers.

  I find this image very evocative bring back many happy memories of long summer days.






The image is coloured using Promarker pens and the edges have been inked.  This image is delightful.  It captures the essence of happy summer days, the warmth and flowers of childhood.  It would be a super card for a sister or childhood friend, or a daughter.  The backing paper is from Wild Rose Studio with other papers from my stash. The sentiment is from Cuddly Buddly and really reflect the image.  I have used Spellbinders to make the rose die cut and the leaves.  The flowers are mostly from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The lovely butterfly is a Magnolia die and a deep egde Martha Stewart punch has been used to create the daisy border which I have decorated with gems.  The ribbons are from my stash.

Well thats another crafting day almost done.  I have enjoyed making this card so much.  I love to try and match colours and papers with the image and add an appropriate verse.   Thank you for reading this post.  I hope you like the card and can get some happy thoughts from this lovely image.

Take care,


Laine   X







3 comments:

Joey said...

Hi Laine

your card is gorgeous, I love those flowers, arranged so beautifully.

Joey xx

Hazel said...

HI Laine - what a beautiful card. Love it. Hazel x

Lena Katrine said...

A great creation in beautiful colours! Thanks for playing along at Lili of the Valley this time, hope to see you again at our next challenge!
Hugs, Lena K

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...