Members

Monday 25 July 2011

A Day for Daises - Night and Day & Challenge #23 - "Secret Ingredients"

I have created an A5 gatefold card for the new ADFD challenge and have used the secret ingredients.  The fabulous image is 'Apple Girl'  a wonderful image as Autumn approaches.




The front of the gatefold card showing the main image 'Apple Girl' which has been coloured by me using my new Prismacolour pencils.   They are so creamy and a joy to work with, the colours are amazing.  Glitter and Stickles Glitz have been used to highlight the image which is mounted onto cream paper from my stash.  The edges of the card have been inked.   This has then been mounted onto a frame created using an A5 aperture mask from That Special Touch of Mica which I have cut out.  This has been embossed on Coredinations Paper and distressed with sandpaper and lovely beads have been sown onto the front of the frame.  This is the first time I have used the masks and I am delighted with how it has worked out.  I have used lace and glittered flowers from my stash plus some flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts.  The backing paper is Webster's Pages.


Further detail of card showing front and inside of one panel decorated with Bo Bunny paper and sticker mounted onto further distressed paper.


The inside of the gatefold card showing both Webster's Pages and Bo Bunny papers.  A mounted panel is provided for a greeting and two further mounter distressed panels, one with a quote and one with sticker has been used.  I think this card looks very shabby chic.

 I hope you have enjoyed looking at this card.  Let me know what you think as this is still all a bit new to me.

Take care,

X


4 comments:

Teresa Arsenault said...

WOW! Laine, your card is FANTABULOUS! That is a combination of Fantastic and fabulous, because just one is not enough to describe your beautiful creation.

I am following your blog now. I hope you will visit me at my blog, Tickell Expressions and consider following me.

Blessings,
Teresa

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

It`s so beautiful card! I love how You arranged all sides of that beauti :)

Lynn B. said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Tindaloo said...

gorgeous card and very stylish embellishments! :)

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...