Members

Saturday 1 October 2011

What a Cutie

A happy weekend to all.  Work is finished and craft begins.  The weather here is fabulous and I should be out in the sun but I  have card withdrawal as I have been busy this week.

Today's card is the cutest image and has been such a joy to work with.  The card features 'Hazel' from Wee Stamps  and she and her friend are wonderful.

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges:

Divas by Design - Challenge 11 a sketch!


Now onto the cutie patootie


I have coloured this lovely image using Promarker pens and am really enjoying using the new Flexmarker pens to shade.  They will lighten and shade a darker color and give lots of definition and I love them. I have used some glitter to add lovely sparkle to the design.  There are three little pumpkin embellishments also on the front of the card.   I have used a Play ticket from Tim Holtz and flowers from my stash.  The background is created from various design papers.  I have used a free digital paper from Bearly Mine Designs - April 07,  Roses 09 digital paper purchased from Bearly Mine and a Sheet of K & Co from my stash.  The clock is made using a Tim Holtz idea-ology mask, these are fabulous and so easy to use.  I used 4 shades of distress inks to colour the clock face.  Thin satin ribbon and twine has also also been used.



A closer view of this sweet image to show detail and colouring.




On the inside of the card I have used matching papers.




The Tim Holtz Clock face mask with distress inks and tag which I printed and inked and mounted.




Showing further details of papers used and an Autumn pumpkin topper from my stash.  There is a panel for recording a greeting.  This card would be great for Halloween or a September/October Birthday.

Thank you for reading this post.  I hope you like the card.  Please leave feedback as its great to hear your comments.

Sending warmest wishes to all.



              X


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous card Laine! The Wee Stamps image is so cute and I have just bought it for myself :) I love the colours you've used and the matching inside of your card.

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Laine this is absolutely gorgeous so beautifully designed the colours, papers,image and embellishments look superb, thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is so pretty , delightful image .. and i love the fabulous papers on the inside
Thanks for joining us at Diva's by design this fortnight
Lisa x

Berry said...

Gorgeous flowers!! I love the colours here thanks for playing at Divas hugs Rebekah xx

Tracey Manderson said...

Great Card, really cute image. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine, and good luck with the challenge.
Hugs
Tracey

Jacq said...

Hi Laine,
Oh this is just Absolutely Gorgeous!!! Love the adorable image you've used, the dps, the colour scheme is gorgeous. Love the layout and the embellishments. Coloured perfectly. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
Hugs Jacqui xxx

Sylvia Zet said...

Wow, what an absolutely wonderful colours Laine! Really stunning card!

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...