Members

Monday 15 October 2018

Steampunk Dream!

Hello to all.  Its time for the Aurora Wings Challenge with the Stella DT bringing you inspiration.  
This months theme is Once upon a Dream or a Nightmare. A fabulous theme for the Halloween season! 




I have coloured this amazing steampunk style image. 
Links to the digital stamp are below.
It suggested several themes to me.  
The first was steampunk because of her style and steampunk elements.
I decided to make a decorated top hat and use this as the 
base to display this fabulous image.
The second theme was vintage and I added various features to the photograph to provide a vintage feel and look.
The third theme was vampires.  The image reminds me of the character Claudia in 'Interview with the Vampire' by Ann Rice. Trapped as an eternal child she walks through the ages. You can feel her pathos, although she is indeed a monster!




Materials list: 
Steampunk Girl stamp listed below.
Spectrum Noir/Copic markers and Polychromos pencils.
White Gel Pen.
Black card, embossed with a folder, gilded and made into a top hat shape.
Various Crafter's Companion Steampunk cutting dies all cut from Black card and distressed with gilding wax.
White die cut sentiment to reflect the theme.
Red flowers and white tulle ribbon and bow.




Your can find this stamp here:




Challenges entered:


Please join us for this fun challenge.
Happy crafting everyone!


  
© dreamlaine.blogspot.co.uk 2018.   Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner/author is strictly prohibited

You can visit the Aurora Wings Challenge here.  
You don't have to use an Aurora Wings image to enter the challenge, but it would be fabulous if you did.
Visit us on FB at Stamps by Aurora Wings.  We would love to see your AW creations.
Digis are available from both the Aurora Wings Blog and the Aurora Wings shop on Etsy. 
For further AW inspiration visit the Gallery and for new releases the Showcase Blog.



24 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG, Laine! I WANT this!!!! Okay, I'm sittin' here kind of speechless, literally. There are not enough words in my vocabulary to describe how much I love, love, LOVE your project. Perfectly Steampunk, in my fave color scheme with one of my fave images. The details with the embossing and all just blow me away. I happened to have love that book (and movie) as well. You totally ROCKED this challenge, my dear. Beyond fabulous! xxD

Annemi said...

You've nailed it. Love your tophat and all the vintage elements on here and your coloring is super. Hugz

Linda Simpson said...

This is stunning! I love the top hat and gorgeous image. You know I am a big steampunk fan.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jackie T said...

Oh Laine this is absolutely stunning you have made a masterpiece. Take care. Hugs Jackie

KraftyKoolKat said...

Laine this is one gobsmacked follower here. This is so amazing. Awesome, words fail me sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Tracy Welham said...

Wow, this is absolutely amazing, I absolutely love it. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow so beautiful today Laine

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunning Laine................love it.
Gr Karin

Mitzi Sato-Wiuff said...

Breathtaking, Laine! Literally, I gasped when I saw the pic. What an awesome steampunk project. Using red for the vampire theme looks great here. Thank you so much for this stunning inspiration for today's new challenge theme at Aurora Wings. Mitzi xxx

Katie said...

Fabulous make and love the details

Gwyneth said...

A fab, eyecatching, creation.
GG

Andree said...

This is an amazing project Laine. The fantastic top hat, with all the fabulous Steampunk elements, is a wonderful setting for the gorgeous and beautifully coloured image xx

aussie aNNie said...

Have this image Laine and never really knew how to use it in a design, wow you sure have hit it with your steam punk card, love it.x

Janette said...

Hi Laine, when I spotted this I just had to pop over and see for myself, this is stunning, I love it, just gorgeous and I am so glad you shared it with us at CraftyCatz this week....good luck in the challenge.xx

Jac’s Playground said...

WOW! This is stunning, what a fabulous project I just love everything about this, all the detailing and your colouring, its all so awesome, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

marion said...

what a fab creation, love this, lots of hugs, Marion

Judith said...

Hi Laine - It seems I lost you on blogger! - so glad I found you in time for this stunning creation- just love this image, it looks wonderful in Steampunk style hugs Judith x

Veerle said...

This is absolutely stunning Laine.
Hugs Veerle x

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness ... so many elements .. this is an amazing piece of art. Thanks for playing at BrownSugar Challenge. I wish you the best of luck in the challenge.
Dawn DT

Kathy said...

wow Laine, this is a real beauty

Gina's Cards said...

WOW, WOW, WOW. this is such a feast for the eyes! I love it!
Hugs
Gina xx

Tammy L said...

This is amazing! All those layers and textures make me giddy and your coloring is fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Crazy this week and hope to see you again soon!
Tammy DT

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Laine, what a stunning shaped hat card you have made. It fits the Colour Crazy Challenge this week. Thank you for taking part and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Colour Crazy Challenge Design Team Member).

Dawn Frost said...

Wow it’s amazing! Thanks for joining Colour Crazy Challenge good luck, Dawn guest DT.

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...