Members

Tuesday 26 June 2018

Colouring Fun!

Hello lovely people.  I have not been about much on blogger recently.  
The weather has been exceptionally good here in the UK!  
I can't remember a recent summer like this one and we have been off out and about.  
The garden is an explosion of colour and is also taking up a lot of my time.  
I have managed to do a little late night colouring!
My project is a mixed media creation made just for fun and for The Daily Marker 30 Day Challenge.


The sweet image is from the Coloriage Wild pad and has a base coat of Copic marker, then FC Prismacolour pencils to add detail, tone and shape.
There is also some white and black gel pen definition.  I have been practising with charcoal pencils and would really like to sketch with these.  I added some hair detail with charcoal and made a lot of mess and smudgy fingerprints over the background.  
She was therefore fussy cut and put onto a watercolour background which had been coloured and stamped with Distress Inks.  
The background was embossed to add detail and interest and the image added on top.
I am really pleased with the finished results!


This is the image as a work in progress.  You can see how the extra detail and the background warms the colour tones. 
This image has been one of my all time favourites to colour!

 Happy crafting fun to all!
  
Hope you are all having a fabulous summer (where it is summer)!





© dreamlaine.blogspot.co.uk 2018.   Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner/author is strictly prohibited

14 comments:

Jackie T said...

Good morning Laine this is stunning I love it. Your colouring is just amazing. I bet your garden looks gorgeous. Have a great day today. Take care. Hugs Jackie

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely picture/image and super colouring especially with the dark skin.xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

stunninggg Laine
Gr Karin

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Laine. Your colouring work is fantastic as per usual sweetie.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Jane Savage said...

Wow she is fabulous, Laine! xxx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Wow just amazing. Great coloring and background

Gina's Cards said...

Oh WOW, such a gorgeous piece of art work. Your colouring is absolutely stunning and I love the background too.
Hugs
Gina xx

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Stunning! I love your colouring Laine x

Unknown said...

Stunning work Laine. This weather is amazing, I'm enjoying it too much to craft too! Cathy x

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! xxD

Kate M said...

Amazing - great colouring of this lovely image -as expected!!
Super project.
xx

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning Laine, just got back from Florida and delighted that we are at last having a hot and sunny summer for a change.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Shabneez said...

Absolutely stunning Laine. Your shading is amazing and so life like. Shabneez x

Andree said...

This is wonderful Laine. A gorgeous image and fabulous background xx

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...