Members

Tuesday, 14 November 2017

Monochrome Pencil Horse Sketch!

Hello to all.  I was inspired to do a 
 bit of freehand sketching yesterday afternoon by a challenge on Splitcoaststampers.   
I have drawn a horse using an HB pencil.    
It was loads of fun to create this and add depth and shadow with the pencil.
I used the Spectrum Noir Premium Pencil Paper and it was fabulous to sketch on. Blending was done with my finger and it all smudged beautifully!



The picture looks a bit blue toned but IRL is sharp and clear black/grey and white.   I had forgotten how much I loved to sketch and its great to get a bit more practice.  


Hope you like my horse sketch, looks like a mare to me!  What do you think?  




© dreamlaine.blogspot.co.uk 2011-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner/author is strictly prohibited



15 comments:

Cathy Clowes said...

Such a beautiful sketch Laine. I really am in awe of your talent. Cathy x

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning sketch work Laine.x[aNNie]🎄

Jane Savage said...

Speechless!!!!!!

Jackie Trinder said...

Wow Laine this is stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

wow Laine, you are such a talent!!

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is gorgeous Laine a great job you did
Gr Karin

Jennifer Bradley said...

Wonderful sketch Laine, what an artist you are. Hugs Jennifer xx

Linda Simpson said...

This is amazing Laine! I love it!
Hugs
Linda xxx

Brawny said...

Wow Laine this is fabulous. X

Gina Knott said...

WOW, this is utterly stunning Laine!
Hugs
Gina xx

Sarah said...

Definitely a mare Laine, she has "the look"!! Perfect shading on this beauty too xx

Veerle said...

Absolutely a mare to me too Laine and I love it. You are such a great artist. Gorgeous horse sketch. Hugs Veerle

Kate M said...

Fabulous sketch - so lifelike - I love it. As I am not a horsey person, I'm not sure I could spot the difference!! xx

Andree said...

A beautiful drawing Laine. Perfectly proportioned and pretty features, definitely a mare xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

This is just such a WOW!!! creation Laine.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Blue Poppy!

Hello to all.  A sweet colouring with the  Spectrum Noir ColourTint graphite watercolour pencils.    Materials list: Sheena...