Members

Wednesday 2 August 2017

Colorista Dark Victorian Steampunk Star Book!

Hello to all.  There are some fun Spectrum Noir Colorista Dark pads launching soon on Hochanda.
Sharing a sneak peek of one of my samples featuring the Victorian Steampunk range, this consists of a paper pad, a tag pad and a bookmark pad.
This project is a decorated star book.
Below are some pictures of the book, so that you can have a look at what is included in this fabulous collection.


Above is an overview of the star book to give you an idea of the shape created.


The front of the star book when closed.

Materials used for this project:
Spectrum Noir Colorista Dark-
Victorian Steampunk Pad, Tags and Bookmarks
Spectrum Noir Metallic Pencils
Crafter's Companion Black Matt Card, Kraft Card, 
Various Crafter's Companion Embossing Folders
Various Sheena Douglass Time Traveller Dies
Sara Signature Cogs and Gears Dies
Pebeo Gilding Wax
Various Crafter's Companion Sentiments
Versamark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder
Ribbon and all other steampunk detail are from my stash.



This is the first page of the project.  So much fun with design and detail.


Another page featuring the steampunk tags.  These really are stunning and colour like a dream with the Spectrum Noir metallic pencils.  I have used both embossing folders and stencils to create the background detail.  Plus fabulous die cuts.


This page is my personal favourite, don't ask me why!  I love the depth, detail and textures created.  I also used Pixie Powders on the embossing.  The colours are fabulous in reality!


One of the 6 x 6 papers on this page.  The images really are exquisite!


Another fun page with tags.  Again loads of embossing, stencil and detail.  I adore these sentiments.  They are from the previous stamp range by Donna Ratcliffe for Crafter's Companion.



The final double page spread featuring the steampunk bookmarks.  Also loads of embossing, die cut, stamping and detail.  The Pixie Powders were liberally applied!



This is one of my all time favourite projects.
I absolutely loved making this. It took forever but was so worth it!
I hope you like it too!

Happy crafting fun to all!




X




© dreamlaine.blogspot.co.uk 2011-2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s owner/author is strictly prohibited.

24 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is amazing Laine, love the design and wonderful colours. The elements are fabulous, you know I love my Steampunk.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jane Savage said...

Wowsers this is stunning, Laine! Those pencils against the black really create a magical effect! Amazing! xxx

aussie aNNie said...

LOVE this amazing star book with all the delish steampunk goodies. Just beautiful.xx[aNNie]

Unknown said...

Wow this star card looks fabulous and the steampunk designs are gorgeous. Hugs `Jennifer xx

julie_woolston said...

Wow Laine this is absolutely amazing, thr colours and decoration are fab,
Hugs Julie xxxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gob-smacking gorgeous Laine.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx

Gina's Cards said...

OMG, this is breathtakingly beautiful Laine! I love the star shape book and it is full of deliciousness! An absolutely stunning piece of work.
Hugs
Gina xx

Jan said...

This is fabulous xx Jan

Sarah said...

This is exceptional Laine, your colouring is incredible, I love the design, the tags and sentiments are such a lovely touch xx

CaroleAnn said...

Wowza!!!! this is stunning, amazing, awesome, dark and intriguing, and beautiful. I want to climb inside this creation and walk around. Can only imagine how long it took you to make this as it is picture perfect!!! You are so, so talented. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel Brown said...

WOW!!!! This is amazing. Thanks for sharing xx

Kate M said...

In a word - awesome!! If I had made this I would never part with it.
Whilst I struggle with steampunk style, I am totally in love with this project of yours!
Beautiful colours - what more can I say- Love it!!!
xx

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

oh Laine, WOW, this is just stunning, every single page. Gorgeous

Paper and Stuff said...

Hey Laine
This is a smokin' hot project! Amazing! x

Andree said...

A stunning project Laine. A lot of hard work and thought has gone into this with fabulous results. Absolutely fantastic artwork and Steampunk details. I love the gorgeous colours and metallics xx

TangledBlueRose said...

So fun and creative! This looks like lots of fun to make and to receive!

Unknown said...

Oh my word, this is absolutely stunning Laine. I can see that this pad is a must have. Cathy x

Sylvia said...

Amazing star book, shows off the new range of pads so well.

Sylv xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is syunning Laine and I love your new blog layout.

Gr Karin

Shabneez said...

Stunning creation Laine! Bravo! Shabneez x

Lorre-Anne Archibald said...

Wow 😍 this is absolutely amazing! Fab work Laine x

Me, myself and my craft room... said...

Absolutely stunning x

Anonymous said...

Wowzer! Absolutely stunning, so much work and detail, just wow!

Nicola ♥

Brawny x said...

Wow amazing work Laine x

Wedding Memory Book.

Hello to all.    Following my daughter Suzanne's recent wedding to Harry and all of the beautiful pictures of the event.   I have ...